This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase using the links it is of no extra cost to you, just a little pantry fund for me!
Oh Baby, Baby
Oops, I did it again! *Sing it with me ’90s babies!* I played with your heart, made another dessert! Okay, those aren’t Britney’s original lyrics, but it’s still a factual, fun song about ANOTHER DESSERT!!!
I’ll cool it with the exclamation points, now. But you have to admit, the thought of eating a warm peanut butter cookie studded with gooey chocolate chips fresh out of the oven is pretty exciting. What’s even more exciting is that these are gluten free, refined sugar free, could easily be paleo using almond butter, and could be vegan with a flax egg substitute (read how on this post). Another exciting fact is that these are super quick and easy to bake, and only dirties one bowl and spoon! Less dish washing needs an exclamation point, but I’m done now for real. Let’s get to the serious stuff. The recipe.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bars
Makes 16 cookie bars, or one 8×8 pan you can eat throughout the week 😉
- One cup almond flour
- One cup coconut flour
- One cup coconut sugar
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of no sugar added peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease an 8×8 pan and set aside
- Combine dry ingredients (except chocolate chips) in a large bowl
- Make a well in the dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients
- Stir until well combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spread batter into prepared pan
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the edges are starting to brown
- Let cool for about 20 minutes before slicing
- Store covered at room temperature for a week
If you like cookies (and if you don’t, we probably can’t be friends), you should also check out my Wholesome Chocolate Chunk Cookies recipe and give them a try. Both of these cookie recipes are quick, simple, decadent, and guilt free! I hope you make some; tag me on Instagram (@mrsmollymills) and let me know how you like them. Good luck getting Britney Spears out of your head, have a dance party, bake some cookies…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!