This post contains affiliate links and a promo code. If you purchase using the links, it is of no extra cost to you, just a small pantry fund for me!
The Early Bird gets the Quiet Time
I’ve talked in my other breakfast posts about the morning rush. I feel like I just don’t have time to cook an actual breakfast before my husband leaves for work (around 6 AM), and Zemirah and I head out for morning errands and activities. I try and wake up 30 minutes before Zemirah for just a little quiet mommy time, because once she’s up, we hit the ground running! Because of that, meal prep for breakfasts has become necessary around here; it saves time (and money!), and our days start off on the right track!
This breakfast hash comes together in one skillet with salty bacon, tender potatoes, and crispy kale; all ready in about 30 minutes! It reheats wonderfully, and you can simply top with eggs of your choice the morning of! Or eat it by itself, topped with hot sauce, for a spicy, egg-less breakfast. I made this hash for dinner one night, then the next morning, I quickly scrambled some eggs to go with the leftovers.
If you have the time, it would also be amazing with some gluten free biscuits or toast. This gluten free flour is currently 20% off! I’m sure your family would love some tasty biscuits or even some gluten free treats like my Banana Bread with Granola Crumble; I mean, who doesn’t love bread?! 😉
I hope this delicious skillet breakfast hash satisfies all of your family’s breakfast cravings, while saving you time and sanity!
Whole30 Breakfast Hash
- 6 pieces of bacon, cut into strips (my favorite Whole30 bacon)
- 5 small potatoes (I did a mix of sweet potatoes and russet potatoes; either works, or you can do a mix, too!), cut into one-inch pieces
- Half of a yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprkia
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale, stems removed
- Eggs cooked to your liking
- Heat a large oven proof skillet over medium heat
- Cook bacon until nearly done
- While bacon is cooking, heat oven to 425 F
- When bacon is finished, drain off some of the grease
- Add potatoes, onion, garlic, and seasonings to skillet
- Stir to combine
- Place skillet in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes, the potatoes should be tender
- Add chopped kale to skillet, stirring to combine
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes until kale is softened (but it gets a little crispy, too!)
- Top with eggs of your choice (I prefer fried medium or poached)
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days
If you need some more breakfast meal prep ideas, be sure to check out my Peanut Butter and Chocolate Overnight Oats and my Turkey Sausage Breakfast Bake. Anything to save time yet be healthy in the morning is so helpful; I’d love to hear what you do to get your morning off to a healthy start! If you make this breakfast hash, let me know by tagging me on Instagram (mrsmollymills). Have a calm, healthy morning…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!
4 thoughts on “Whole30 Breakfast Hash”