This post contains affiliate links; if you purchase using the links, it is of no extra cost to you, just a small pantry fund for me. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!
Hot, hot, hot! Hot Chocolate!
This is the song from the sweet movie The Polar Express; where Tom Hanks secretly voices nearly every character and the songs make you feel nostalgic and teary-eyed. I specifically remember the “Hot Chocolate” song because the coco the kids were given by the singing and dancing servers looked amazingly luxurious, like pure melted chocolate, and left them lounging with whipped cream mustaches in a chocolate stupor.
Tomorrow is December 1st, kicking off the Christmas season, and I want to end pretty much every day in a chocolate stupor, but I don’t want to end every day with sugar-induced anxiety and headaches. Thankfully, I have a refined sugar free and dairy free hot chocolate that will get you chocolate wasted in record time all while warming your belly, and putting a smile on your face this Christmas season.
Death by Hot Chocolate
Serves 4-6 depending on mug size.
- 1/2 cup of 100% unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 cups of full fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of ground cinnamon and salt
- 2 drops of peppermint essential oil
- One can of coconut cream for a whipped topping
- Combine all ingredients, except coconut cream, in a medium pot
- If making the whipped coconut cream, simply whip the cream (you could add in vanilla or peppermint oil if desired) until fluffy, and keep in fridge while you make the hot chocolate
- Turn burner on medium low
- Let simmer until steaming, and bubbles start to form on the outside, whisking constantly
- Carefully pour into mugs, and top with whipped coconut cream if desired
- Let cool a little bit so you don’t burn your tongue…it’s hard to be patient 😛
- If there are leftovers, store covered in fridge, and reheat on the stove
If, like me, you have a major sweet tooth [monster], you probably need a cookie…or two…to go with your coco. These go splendidly with my Wholesome Chocolate Chunk Cookies; my husband dunked his right into the coco, and you could also try it with my Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bars. I have a lot of fun holiday recipes that I’m excited to share with you all this coming month! Let me know what your favorite holiday drink is, and let me know on Instagram and/or Facebook (links found on the bottom of the page) if you make this Death by Hot Chocolate. Good luck with your Christmas shopping…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!
10 thoughts on “Death by Hot Chocolate”
Great post 😁
LikeLiked by 1 person