It’s February: the month of love, flowers, and, most importantly, chocolate. Some people love candies and cookies, but cake, namely chocolate cake, is my favorite dessert; if anyone wanted to speak my love language (gifts), you should gift me with some homemade chocolate cake, and we would probably be BFFLs.
But this isn’t about me. This is about you and your special someone celebrating Valentine’s Day together. Making a cake is always a great way to celebrate! Unfortunately, making a cake is usually time consuming, it’s usually chock full of butter and white sugar, and a whole cake seems kind of daunting sitting on your counter. You may already have a stomach ache, but you don’t want to waste this gorgeous cake. *sigh*
However, this cake is the solution to all of those problems! It is dairy free, flour free, refined sugar free, the perfect size for two lovebirds to share, and it cooks in about two minutes in your microwave! If you are celebrating Valentine’s Day solo this year (which was me 5/7 years my husband and I have been together), never fear! You can totally make this cake just for you, eat the whole thing, or save the other half. Whether you are single, happily coupled, or celebrating with your pals, Microwave Molten Lava Cake is the perfect guilt-free chocolate indulgence!
Microwave Molten Lava Cake
- 3 oz dark chocolate bar, separated
- 2 tbsp coconut cream (full fat coconut milk works, too)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Optional toppings:
- chopped nuts
- chopped fruit
- unsweetened coconut
- nut butter of your choice
- Melt two ounces of dark chocolate in a large microwavable bowl, heat 30 seconds, stir, heat another 30, then stir again
- Add all other ingredients except egg
- Stir until combined
- Let cool for a couple minutes before adding egg…otherwise your cake will be streaked with scrambled egg. Not that I speak from experience or anything…
- Beat and combine egg well (again, you don’t want scrambled egg cake)
- Press the other ounce of dark chocolate down into the center of the batter
- Microwave for 1.5 minutes
- Top with desired toppings
- Let cool for a few minutes
- Dive in
I don’t think desserts get much easier than this! If you are looking for another Love Day dessert that’s actually baked in an oven, check out my Wholesome Chocolate Chunk Cookies, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bars, or Dark Chocolate Paleo Brownies. If no-bake treats are your thing, I’ve got you covered with my Chocolate Banana “Nice” Cream, Two Layer Paleo Fudge, or my No Bake Chocolate Date Cake.
Go to my “Desserts” menu and use the drop down arrow to see what else I have for you! I am sure you will find something special for this special holiday! Love your family, friends, and chocolate…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!