Who doesn’t love a slow cooker meal? Minimal prep, and you come home at the end of the day, the house smells delicious, and dinner is waiting for you – pretty perfect! On one particularly Crazy day, I knew I would need to have a slow cooker meal waiting for us when we got home, and my mind instantly went to pot roast. However, upon perusing the meat section at the store, I realized that beef roast wasn’t in the budget for the week, but saw that pork roast was much more affordable!
My southern mother-in-law has often cooked pork roasts for Sunday dinners, and they are always delicious. So with that southern taste as inspiration, I made my first pork roast, and oh my word! It was delicious! It was so tender that it was literally falling apart, the fatty richness gave it a hearty, stick-to-your-ribs flavor, which was perfect paired with the lighter vegetables; we all cleaned our plates! In fact, after dinner was over, I was cleaning up, turned my back on the table, and next thing I knew, Zemirah had climbed up on a chair, eaten the remaining carrots, and another serving of pork. I urge you to try this simple slow cooker meal – fancy enough for Sunday dinners (Easter dinner maybe? 😉 ), yet simple enough for a weeknight. It’s so good, you’ll have to keep the leftovers hidden from your kids!
Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Veggies
Serves about 8.
- 3.5 lb boneless pork roast
- 8 oz of baby carrots
- 8 oz of sliced mushrooms
- 2 russet potatoes, chopped into one inch pieces
- 1/2 of a yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed and peeled
- 1.5 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp of ground mustard
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of chicken stock/bone broth (homemade version here)
- Place your prepared veggies in the bottom of your slow cooker (I have this one which is perfect for our little family)
- Place roast atop the veggies
- Season everything, kind of rubbing the seasonings into the roast (don’t worry about getting it too even, the flavors all meld together eventually)
- Add apple cider vinegar and broth on top of everything
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-5
- Shred pork and serve, top with juices if desired
- Keep leftovers covered in fridge for up to a week
Slow cooker meals are a great way to ensure your family gets a hearty, healthy, and nutritious dinner in even on your long, Crazy days. For more slow cooker meals, check out my Slow Cooker Potato and Kale Soup, Slow Cooker Meatballs, or Spicy Garlic Chicken Nachos. In the same vein, if you have a little more time available for prep, one pan meals are a great way to get a well rounded meal on the table with minimal time or mess. For some easy yet tasty one pan meals, check out my Roasted Chicken with Carrots, Sheet Pan Salmon, or One Pan Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas. I hope you can find some meals that will easily fit into your schedule and make you feel good about feeding your family a healthy meal! Happy Easter, celebrate with family and friends…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase using the links, it is of no extra cost to you; just a small commission for me. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!
5 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Veggies”
that looks very delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I would be glad if you follow my page.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Monika!