Who out there doesn’t love tacos? I don’t mean the greasy yet crunchy tacos with questionable meat sold by what I think is a clown…? Although those tacos are tasty, and have their place in college at 2 AM, they do not compare to soft tacos full of tender, shredded chicken topped with guacamole and a squeeze of fresh lime. Yum!
I’ve talked before about my affinity for slow cookers – flavorful yet simple meals ready for you when you walk in the door. Can’t be beat, right? Wrong! Let’s combine slow cooker simplicity with the deliciousness of tacos!!!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 2 lbs of boneless, skinless dark meat chicken
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Juice of two limes
- Optional toppings:
- Place chicken and garlic in your slow cooker (I have this small one – it’s on sale right now!)
- Cover with seasonings
- Squeeze lime juice over chicken (I suggest using a manual juicer to get all the juice and none of the pulp or seeds)
- Cook on low for 8-9 hours or on high for 4-5
- Shred chicken
- Serve on tortillas or lettuce wraps with plenty of toppings, and don’t forget the side of guac and plantain chips!
- Leftover meat will keep covered in the fridge for up to a week – it goes great on a taco salad.
I hope this taco recipe can “spice” up your weekend! For more spicy meals, check out my One Pan Chicken and Shrimp Fajitas, Taco Stuffed Potatoes with Avocado Chipotle Ranch, or Spicy Garlic Chicken Nachos. And if you like slow cooker meals, you may also like my Slow Cooker Potato and Kale Soup, Slow Cooker Pork Roast with Veggies, or Slow Cooker Meatballs – can you tell I use my slow cooker often?! I hope these tasty tacos can help simplify your life, and bring peace knowing that you are feeding your family well. Nothing beats taco night! Go ahead and get another scoop of guacamole…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase using the links, it is of no extra cost to you, just a small commission for me. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!
4 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos”