Do you have a staple, go-to, easy dish you frequently fix for your family? Vegetable fried rice is one of ours! It’s a quick, simple, and delicious way to eat plenty of veggies while taking a break from meat. Plus it’s healthier than any take-out you can get! We typically try to eat 1-2 vegetarian/plant based meals per week because it’s good for the tummy and the budget! You can eat it as a side dish – it would go great paired with my Sweet and Sour Broccoli – or solo for a light, vegetarian dinner. If you want to take a break from eating too much meat, but find yourself scratching your head for ideas, I hope you try out this delicious and veggie-heavy dish!
Vegetable Fried Rice
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice (cooked according to package)
- 1 lb of frozen stir fry vegetables
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 knobs of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tsp of sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp of coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- In a large pot, heat sesame oil over medium-low heat.
- Add onions and garlic, cooking until tender and fragrant (about 3-5 minutes).
- Add in ginger and sesame seeds, cooking for an additional 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to medium-high and add frozen stir fry vegetables.
- Cover and let cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once vegetables are tender (but still vibrant in color, not mushy!), add cooked rice.
- Add in seasonings and coconut aminos, stirring to coat everything.
- Create a hole in middle of the pot and add beaten eggs.
- As the eggs start to cook, slowly scramble them, then mix into the rice.
- Serve hot topped with chopped scallions and extra coconut aminos.
- Store leftovers covered in fridge for 7-10 days.
I hope you give this easy vegetarian dish a try! For more plant based dinner ideas, check out my Baked Falafel and my Slow Cooker Potato and Kale Soup. Eat your vegetables…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!
This post contains affiliate links; if you purchase using the links, it is of no extra cost to you, just a small commission for me. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!