How does time keep escaping me? I blinked and October is almost over! Halloween is a mere 9 days away, and I still haven’t hemmed Zemirah’s Elsa costume, nor have I blogged in over two weeks. Two weeks with no new recipes is officially my longest, albeit accidental, break from my blog. In case you missed it on my social media (click the links at the bottom of this post to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook), we are expecting Baby Mills #2 in April! I’m currently four months along, Baby is the size of a large avocado, and giving me sweet little jabs every now and then. After our miscarriage in July, we’ve been concerned with Baby’s health, but so far everything is looking perfect!
Obviously pregnancy along with being the mom of a rambunctious toddler has kept me occupied, in a true Pinch of Crazy way. *insert crazy heart eyes here* Bear with me over these next months; I promise I’ll blog whenever I get the chance! For now, continue relishing your crisply cool fall days while enjoying these delicious, not-too-sweet, healthy Pumpkin Pecan Muffins. Nothing like a homemade pumpkin treat to welcome fall in!
Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
- 1.5 cups of almond flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup of pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil, melted (here is my favorite brand)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup of roughly chopped pecans (or buy pecan pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a standard muffin tin with 12 liners. (or use these reusable silicone liners)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients (almond flour through nutmeg).
- Create a well in your dry ingredients and add the next 4 ingredients (pumpkin through syrup), stirring until just combined.
- Fold in your chopped pecans.
- Fill each liner about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until the top bounces back when touched and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm or room temperature with butter and a drizzle of honey (optional but sooo delicious!)
I love this season of pumpkin treats! For more pumpkin recipes, check out my Pumpkin Bread with Crumb Topping, Pumpkin Spice Cake, No Bake Pumpkin Pie, and Pumpkin Pie Coffee Creamer. If you’re searching for more a savory fall recipe, you would probably like my Spaghetti Squash Alfredo with Lemon Butter Shrimp, Creamy Tomato Basil Soup, or my Two Bean Turkey Chili. Whatever you end up cooking/baking, I hope it warms your bellies and your hearts! Bask in these gorgeous fall days, nap in the afternoon sunshine, crunch some fallen leaves beneath your feet…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!
This post contains affiliate links; if you purchase using the links, it is of no extra cost to you, just a small commission for me. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!
6 thoughts on “Pumpkin Pecan Muffins”
Looks crazy good!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you!! I love all your posts, too 😋
LikeLiked by 1 person