I have your new Christmas time addiction: peppermint bark. It’s dangerously simple, nothing is more Christmasy than cool peppermint, and nothing is more luxurious than dark chocolate and white chocolate swirled together in melty, delicious harmony. Now, these are not my usual refined sugar free treats because white chocolate has a lot of sugar, but making a few batches this holiday season won’t hurt! Eating “cheat” foods you enjoy without guilt, to me, makes living a healthy lifestyle honestly enjoyable! I love healthy food, and I love how I feel when I eat intuitively, and sometimes my intuition (especially when pregnant during the holidays) says to eat peppermint bark. No need to feel deprived this holiday season – enjoy your sugary treats if it feels good for your body! I hope this quick and delicious “recipe” (can’t even really call it that) hits the spot and brings holiday cheer!
Marbled Peppermint Bark
- 8 oz of dark baking chocolate
- 8 oz of white baking chocolate
- 6-8 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 4 candy canes, crushed or roughly chopped
- Melt dark chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; heating for 30 seconds and stirring after each interval.
- Once melted, add peppermint oil and stir to combine.
- Spread dark chocolate thinly on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl, stirring after each 30 second interval of heating.
- Spoon globs (technical term) of white chocolate on top of dark chocolate, then create the “marbling” by running your spoon vertically then horizontally through both layers.
- Top the bark with crushed candy canes.
- Chill until solid (5ish hours in the fridge and 2ish hours in the freezer), then break into pieces using a knife. Enjoy the scraps before sharing with your kids 😉
- Store in the refrigerator.
This Marbled Peppermint Bark, along with my Molasses Cookies, have been made every Christmas since my husband and I were married; it’s a sweet (literally and emotionally) holiday tradition. If you are looking for refined sugar free Christmas desserts, please try the cookies linked above, as well as Two Layer Paleo Fudge, and for Christmas sweet drinks, look no further than my Death by Hot Chocolate, Slow Cooker Apple Cider, and Dairy Free Eggnog. Whatever you end up making, I hope it brings some holiday cheer to you and yours! Spend time with your loved ones, indulge this holiday season…and enjoy your Pinch of Crazy!
This post contains affiliate links; if you purchase using the links, it is of no extra cost to you, just a small commission for me. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!
One thought on “Marbled Peppermint Bark”