Have you ever met a couple who had a perfect marriage? I have. They are both rich, and their sweetness and bitterness compliment each other in a decadent way. Peanut butter and chocolate. PB&chocolate4eva ❤
I'll stop with the corny mom jokes…even though it's true. Peanut butter and chocolate go together so deliciously perfect, and everyone knows it! And do you know what's better than a fudgy dark chocolate brownie? A fudgy dark chocolate brownie marbled with streaks of peanut butter and honey. *drool emoji* Add in that these brownies are also gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free and you've got a jaw-dropping healthier dessert! Even my picky nephew devoured one of these Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies and was an adorable chocolate-y mess. These brownies are delicious on their own, or topped with a scoop of nice cream for a spectacular sundae! Whip up a batch for all your summer celebrations!
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- 1.5 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of 100% cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar free peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of raw honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease an 8x8 baking pan.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients (flour through salt) in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add melted coconut oil, almond milk, and the egg - stirring until well combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter and honey.
- Drop spoonfuls of the peanut butter/honey mixture on the brownie batter.
- Swirl with a knife to make a pretty marbled pattern.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the brownies bounce back when touched.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
Keep leftovers covered at room temperature.
For more PB&chocolate recipes, check out my Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bars, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, Wholesome Chocolate Chunk Cookies, and Peanut Butter and Chocolate Overnight Oats (AKA dessert for breakfast) I hope you find a scrumptious, healthier treat for you and your family! Have a treat, not a cheat, eat dessert…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!
This post contains a promo code and affiliate links. If you purchase using these links, it is of no extra cost to you, just a small pantry fund for me! Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!
I think it’s about time I come clean… I’m a chocoholic. I mean, really. Not just like, “why, yes, I do enjoy a cookie from time to time” more like frantically shouting, “babe, you need to hide all of our child’s Halloween candy somewhere or it will be gone by tomorrow and I’ll be miserable!” I have to keep treats out of the house or I’ll go chocoholic crazy and eat them all without even blinking, but sometimes you just need a chocolate fix.
So what do you do when those chocolate cravings just won’t quit? Binge on less than satisfactory, high sugar candy bars that you stole out of your child’s Halloween bucket? (that’s not just me, right?) No! You whip up a quick batch of Dark Chocolate Paleo Brownies! Gluten free and sweetened with coconut sugar, these cake-like brownies are every chocolate lover’s dream! 100% cacao powder leads to a rich chocolate flavor, made even chocolatey-er (yeah, it’s a word…) by the dark chocolate chips studded throughout. Follow a fresh brownie with a glass of cold almond milk, and you have a delicious treat that satisfies the chocolate craving…without all the guilt!
Dark Chocolate Paleo Brownies
Makes one 8×8 pan.
- One cup of gluten free flour (this 3 lb bag is 20% off until 11/16!)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease 8×8 pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour through salt)
- Add wet ingredients (eggs through vanilla), stir until well combined
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Spread batter into prepared pan
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Let cool 10-15 minutes before slicing
- Store covered at room temperature for 5 days
If you like healthier baked goods, you may like my Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bars, Wholesome Chocolate Chunk Cookies, and breads: Pumpkin Bread with Crumb Topping and Banana Bread with Granola Crumble; these wholesome treats are sure to satisfy a sweet tooth! If no-bake is more your style, I also have Chocolate Banana “Nice” Cream and No Bake Chocolate Date Cake; both are deliciously simple and sweet! No matter if you bake or blend up a batch of nice cream, I hope your sweet tooth is satisfied and your chocolate cravings silenced in a healthier way. Happy dessert-eating…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!