No Regrets Cheesecake
Recently, my husband and I shared a piece of cheesecake from that place with the 300 page menu. I’m sure you know where I’m talking about. It was delicious and extremely sweet…and I couldn’t even finish my half because I felt so sick. My husband selflessly sacrificed ( 😉 ) himself by finishing off the slice, yet I still suffered by listening to him burp all night. Wouldn’t it be great if there were a no regrets (no burp-inducing) cheesecake? Well I have it! A vegan, refined sugar free, gluten free, no bake cheesecake!
Read this in your best announcer voice: creamy, slightly tangy yet sweet whipped cream filling; atop a crunchy chocolate crust; all bathed in juicy, fresh strawberries. Are you drooling yet? Let’s get to this recipe!
No Bake Cheesecake with Chocolate Crust
Makes one standard 9-inch pie pan.
For the crust:
- 8 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup of raw, unsalted nuts (I used 1/2 cup almonds, 1/2 cup walnuts)
- 1/2 cup of 100% cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of cinnamon
For the filling:
- 2 cans of coconut cream (my favorite brand because it doesn’t taste coconut-y!)
- 2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup
- Juice from a quarter of a lime
- Fresh strawberries (highly recommend!)
- Fresh blueberries
- unsweetened coconut
- chocolate syrup
- In a food processor (this Cuisinart one is on sale!), combine all ingredients for the crust
- Pulse until it comes together in a ball
- Press out crust into a 9 inch pie pan or 9×9 square pan
- Place in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling
- Combine filling ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Try and not get all the liquid from the coconut cream into the bowl, or it may thin out the mixture
- Whisk together until combined
- Pour filling over crust
- Freeze for about two hours
- Once solid, slice with a sharp knife and serve with desired toppings
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for a week
For more no bake desserts, check out my Chocolate Banana “Nice” Cream, No Bake Chocolate Date Cake, No Bake Pumpkin Pie, Two Layer Paleo Fudge, or Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. I have a strong love for all things dessert, and truly enjoy making classics healthier! I hope you enjoy them, too! Stay healthy while indulging a little…and enjoy your pinch of crazy!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase using the links, it is of no extra cost to you, just a small commission for me. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!