As a new mom for the second time (still unreal?!) I get attacked often by hanger. Feeling “hangry” is feeling so hungry that you get angry, and unfortunately, this happens to me fairly frequently. It goes a little something like this: I wake in the 6 o’clock range to chubby fingers pulling my eyelids open and giggling morning breath in my face. After some persuasion, I get out of bed and am greeted by Coffee, my morning buddy. After having a semi-rough night of sleep either comforting a preschooler with a bad dream and/or nursing a hungry baby, the hanger strikes.
All of a sudden my hands are shaking, my stomach is growling, and my patience is thin. And something like cereal will not cure the hanger; at this point I need something substantial, and I need it fast! At this time of year, pumpkin flavored everything abounds, and I am not ashamed to say I love pumpkin flavored goodies (still haven’t tried a PSL, though), and even more so if I can have healthy pumpkin goodies!
How can this breakfast live up to all of my demands: fast, pumpkin flavored, healthy, and filling?! Blender waffles! It does not get much easier than blending all your ingredients then pouring them into a waffle iron! Have your kiddos help you blend it up while you sip your coffee: healthy, fun, and delicious for the whole family!
Pumpkin and Oat Blender Waffles
- 1 cup of old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 3 tsp of maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- Optional mix-ins: chocolate chips, pecans, or collagen peptides
- Plug in waffle iron to begin heating. (My husband got me this mini waffle iron for our anniversary)
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Oil your waffle iron, then pour in desired amount of batter. Have a little fun and stud your waffles with chocolate chips or pecans!
- Cook waffles according to your waffle maker directions.
- Top with butter, honey, syrup, cinnamon, peanut butter, whatever your heart desires!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature.
These waffles will be sure to hit the spot! For more quick breakfasts to beat the hanger, check out my Berries and Greens Smoothie or Peanut Butter and Chocolate Overnight Oats, and for another pumpkin treat, check out my Pumpkin Spice Cake.
Beat the “hanger”, have fun with your family, eat waffles…and enjoy your Pinch of Crazy!
This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase using the links, it is of no extra cost to you, but a small commission for me. Thank you for supporting A Pinch of Crazy!